|Verdict in Nuremberg|
|Former UK and U.S. (Blair-G.W. Bush) |
heads of state
Malaysian tribunal found Bush and Blair
guilty of committing
crimes against humanity
during the Iraq war
|"U.S. President Barack Obama approves |
new policy expanding
CIA drone campaign in
There will be a key distinction made between militarism and empire-building (historically, the primary emphasis of our foreign policy), and national defense (that is, the security of our citizens).
- Eliminate militarism and empire-building: The U.S. will never again engage in an illegal war of aggression. (The U.S. and its allies prosecuted defendants at the Nuremberg Tribunal for aggressive war, an international crime.
|United Nations image|
- Moral leadership: We will no longer support regimes that abuse human rights and suppress democracy.
- Economic rationality: We will close down all overseas military bases that are not demonstrably critical to our security, along with at least a 50 percent reduction in the Pentagon budget. (The U.S. military budget is now larger than the military budgets in all other nations combined.)
(1) Crimes against peace (i.e., the planning, initiating, and waging of wars of aggression in violation of international treaties and agreements),
(2) Crimes against humanity (that is, exterminations, deportations, and genocide),
(3) War crimes (that is, violations of the laws of war), and
(4) ‘A common plan or conspiracy to commit’ the criminal acts listed in the first three counts.
Bennett's books are available in New York State independent bookstores: Lift Bridge Bookshop: www.liftbridgebooks.com [Brockport, NY]; Sundance Books: http://www.sundancebooks.com/main.html [Geneseo, NY]; Mood Makers Books: www.moodmakersbooks.com [City of Rochester, NY]; Dog Ears Bookstore and Literary Arts Center: www.enlightenthedog.org/ [Buffalo, NY]; Burlingham Books – ‘Your Local Chapter’: http://burlinghambooks.com/ [Perry, NY 14530]; The Bookworm: http://www.eabookworm.com/ [East Aurora, NY] • See also: World Pulse: Global Issues through the eyes of Women: http://www.worldpulse.com/ http://www.worldpulse.com/pulsewire http://www.facebook.com/#!/bennetts2ndstudy