- 291 CIA attacks have taken place in Pakistan – 8 percent more than previously reported.
- Under President Obama alone there have been 236 strikes – one every four days.
- Between 2,292 and 2,863 people are reported to have died in the attacks – most of them militants
- The minimum number of reported deaths is far higher than previously believed – with 40 percent more recorded casualties. Most of those killed are likely to be low-ranking militants.
- 126 named militants have so far been killed.
- Credible news reports of 385-775 civilians killed in the attacks collated by the Bureau
- Credible reports of 164 children killed in the drone strikes identified
- Under President George W. Bush, one in three of all attacks (reported to have) killed a child.
- Accurate details of recorded injuries in drone strikes reveal at least 1,114 people have been wounded - first-time compilation by Bureau
The Bureau of Investigative Journalism’s “detailed examination of 116 CIA ‘secret’ drone strikes in Pakistan since August 2010 has uncovered at least 10 individual attacks in which 45 or more civilians appear to have died.”
“‘Besides attempting to depict Ethiopia as a success story of development assistance, the EU and U.S. portray their ‘aid darling’ as a partner in the fight against terrorism and a crucial actor for stability in the Horn of Africa.’”
Today in Helmand Province at least five civilians died when a powerful bomb exploded. A minivan struck a roadside bomb killing three women and two men who were members of one family,”
- Collaboration with WikiLeaks in its Iraq War Logs expose (won an Amnesty Award, gained international headlines)
- Nine- month investigation into EU structural funds (subject of lengthy reports in the Financial Times, the BBC’s File on Four and Al Jazeera’s People and Power; won a Thomson Reuters Reporting Europe Award)
- Largest ever analysis of public pay in the UK (turned into a Panorama and one of the most visited BBC web pages of 2010)
Bennett's books available in New York State independent bookstores: Lift Bridge Bookshop: www.liftbridgebooks.com [Brockport, NY]; Sundance Books: http://www.sundancebooks.com/main.html [Geneseo, NY]; The Book Den, Ltd.: BookDenLtd@frontiernet.net [Danville, NY]; Talking Leaves Books-Elmwood: firstname.lastname@example.org [Buffalo, NY]; Book House of Stuyvesant Plaza: http://www.bhny.com/ [Albany, NY]; Mood Makers Books: www.moodmakersbooks.com [City of Rochester, NY]; Dog Ears Bookstore and Literary Arts Center: www.enlightenthedog.org/ [Buffalo, NY]; Burlingham Books – ‘Your Local Chapter’: http://burlinghambooks.com/ [Perry, NY 14530]; The Bookworm: http://www.eabookworm.com/ [East Aurora, NY]; LONGS’ Cards and Books: http://longscardsandbooks.com/ [Penn Yan, NY] • Articles also at World Pulse: Global Issues through the eyes of Women: http://www.worldpulse.com/ http://www.worldpulse.com/pulsewire