|Felon Jack Abramoff with|
Former U.S. President George W. Bush
Represent us Board of Advisers
|Executive BranchFor sale|
|All men and women are |
Who is the
- Trevor Potter: Former Chairman, Federal Election Commission: Mr. Potter served as General Counsel to John McCain 2008 and 2000 presidential campaigns. He also served as Deputy General Counsel to the George H.W. Bush 1988 campaign. He is the founding President and General Counsel of the Campaign Legal Center, a Washington, D.C.- based nonprofit that focuses on campaign finance issues in the courts and before the FEC. Mr. Potter now represents Stephen Colbert and his SuperPAC and 501C-4. He advises Mr. Colbert on campaign finance issues on The Colbert Report.
- Theodore Roosevelt IV: Investment Banker: Theodore Roosevelt IV is a prominent Republican conservationist, the great-grandson of former President Roosevelt; and serves on boards of the Alliance for Climate Protection, the Wilderness Society, the American Museum of Natural History (Trustee), and the World Resources Institute. He is the chair of the Pew Center on Global Climate Change.
- Lawrence Lessig: Harvard Law School Professor: Professor Lawrence Lessig is the director of the Edmond J. Safra Foundation Center for Ethics at Harvard University as well as a professor of law at Harvard Law School. He is founder of Rootstrikers, an organization dedicated to ending corruption in government; and sits on advisory boards of the Sunlight Foundation and Americans Elect.
- Richard Painter: Former Ethics Advisor to former President George W. Bush: Professor Richard Painter is a Professor of corporate law at the University of Minnesota. He served as the chief ethics lawyer for George W. Bush and has also been active in law reform efforts aimed at deterring securities fraud and improving ethics of corporate managers and lawyers.
- Cecelia Frontero: Occupy Wall Street: Cecelia Frontero is an active participant in the Occupy Wall Street movement with a focus on ending the undue influence of special interests in politics. She is an accomplished actor with credits that include numerous theater, television and audio book productions and recordings.
- Buddy Roemer productions: Former Governor of Louisiana: Buddy Roemer (R-LA) is a former four-term U.S. Congressman and one-term Governor of Louisiana. He is the CEO and President of Business First Bank and a former GOP candidate for U.S. President.
- Tom Whitmore: DC Tea Party Patriots: Tom Whitmore is the head of the D.C. Tea Party Patriots; a retired C.E.O. of three small businesses now working to create an environment that encourages new activists to step up and become involved in the electoral process.
- Hadi Partovi: Investor: Hadi Partovi is an entrepreneur and angel investor. As an entrepreneur, he was on the founding teams of Tellme and iLike. As an angel investor and startup advisor, Hadi’s portfolio includes Facebook, Zappos, Dropbox, OPOWER, Flixster, Bluekai, and many others. The Harvard graduate is a strategic advisor to numerous startups including Facebook, Dropbox, OPOWER, and Bluekai. Hadi Partovi serves on the board of TASER International and is also an active angel investor with a wide range of investments.
- Jack Cogan: Jack Cogan is a former chairman and managing partner of Hale and Dorr (now Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP) and a former chairman of that firm’s Corporate Department. Cogan remains active in the financial services industry as non-executive chairman of Pioneer Investment Management USA, Inc., and as president of the Pioneer Family of Mutual Funds (USA). He is a vice president and Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, a life-trustee of the Boston Symphony Orchestra and chairman emeritus of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. Cogan previously served as trustee of Boston Medical Center and was a chairman of University Hospital (Boston).
- Douglas E. Schoen: Democratic Campaign Consultant: Douglas E. Schoen is an influential campaign consultant with a client list that includes Bill Clinton, Michael Bloomberg, Evan Bayh, and AT&T. He was a founding partner and principle strategist for Penn, Schoen & Berland, and is widely recognized as one of the co-inventors of overnight polling. Credentialed by Harvard Law School and Oxford University, Schoen has authored numerous books and is a regular contributor to the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, and FOX News.
- Todd Dipaola: Co-founder of Vantage Media and its CFO and VP for Strategy. During his tenure, Vantage became #31 in the Inc 500 list. In addition to angel investing and new online ventures, he serves on several public interest boards. He is credentialed by UC Berkeley and the Goldman School.
- Mark McKinnon: GOP Strategist: Mark McKinnon has been helping to solve complex strategic challenges for causes, companies and candidates, including George W. Bush, John McCain, Ann Richards, Charlie Wilson, Lance Armstrong and Bono. McKinnon has helped engineer five winning presidential primary and general elections. He co-founder of No Labels, a non-profit organization dedicated to bipartisanship, civil discourse and problem solving in politics, and is co-chair of Arts+Labs. He serves on the boards of the Lance Armstrong Foundation and Change Congress.
- Dennis M. Kelleher: Better Markets: Dennis M. Kelleher is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Better Markets, Inc., a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit organization that promotes the public interest in the U.S. and global financial markets. He has held several senior staff positions in the United States Senate, most recently as the Chief Counsel and Senior Leadership Advisor to the Chairman of the Senate Democratic Policy Committee.
- Jack Abramoff: Former Lobbyist: Jack Abramoff is a former Washington super-lobbyist who became a master of exploiting the lobbying system, and later served three years for breaking lobbying laws. Abramoff authored Capitol Punishment: The Hard Truth about Corruption from America s Most Notorious Lobbyist and continues to make media appearances to ‘educate’ citizens on the corrupt practices in government.
| Brandeis University graduate |
|Fox in Henhouse|
- Nick Penniman: Fund for the Republic: Nick Penniman is the executive director of Fund for the Republic, a catalyst fund bringing new resources to efforts that confront the undue influence of moneyed interests over U.S. politics. Before working with Fund for the Republic, Penniman was Executive Director of the Huffington Post Investigative Fund; and was a publisher or editor of several good-government magazines and newspapers and blogs on the issue of money in politics.
- David Levine: American Sustainable Business Council: David Levine is co-founder and CEO of the American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC), a growing coalition of business networks and businesses committed to advancing a new vision, framework and policies that support a vibrant, equitable and sustainable economy. Founded in 2009, ASBC and its organizational members represent more than 150,000 businesses and more than 300,000 individual entrepreneurs, owners, executives, investors and business professionals across the United States.
- Susan McCue: Progressive Strategist: Susan McCue is a political strategist and President of Message Global LLC, a strategic public affairs firm founded to advance progressive campaigns, global non-profit advocacy, grassroots activism and corporate social responsibility. McCue served as the Chief of Staff for U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. She later became founding President and CEO of The ONE Campaign and elevated ONE into a national force. GQ Magazine named her one of the 50 most powerful people in Washington. Washingtonian Magazine named her one of the 100 most powerful women in Washington.
- Albert Wenger: Partner, Union Square Ventures: Albert Wenger is a partner at Union Square Ventures, a venture capital firm that specializes in internet/tech ventures. He is also founder or founder of five companies and has managed a broad range of technology projects.
- Ethan Beard: Until recently Ethan Beard was Director of the Facebook Developer Network. Before that he was Director of Business Development at Facebook and led the team responsible for creating and managing strategic partnerships. Ethan joined Facebook from Google, where he was Director of Social Media and Director of New Business Development. Prior to Google, he spent several years as Director of Business Development for MTV Online. He is credentialed in Economics by the Wharton School of Business and in business by New York University.
- Joe Greenstein: Co-founder and CEO, Flixster: He is co-founder and CEO of Flixster. Previously he was part of a startup team and head of product management at Edusoft, bought by Houghton-Mifflin in 2003. He is credentialed in computer science by the University of Pennsylvania and in economics by the Wharton School.
- Jonathan Haidt: Professor, NYU: Professor Haidt is a social psychologist whose research examines the foundations of morality. His most recent book and New York Times bestseller is The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are divided by Politics and Religion. The book helps explain the American culture war between left and right. Professor Haidt is credentialed (Philosophy) by Yale and (Psychology) the University of Pennsylvania. http://represent.us/about/
Bennett's books are available in New York State independent bookstores: Lift Bridge Bookshop: www.liftbridgebooks.com [Brockport, NY]; Sundance Books: http://www.sundancebooks.com/main.html [Geneseo, NY]; Mood Makers Books: www.moodmakersbooks.com [City of Rochester, NY]; Dog Ears Bookstore and Literary Arts Center: www.enlightenthedog.org/ [Buffalo, NY]; Burlingham Books – ‘Your Local Chapter’: http://burlinghambooks.com/ [Perry, NY 14530]; The Bookworm: http://www.eabookworm.com/ [East Aurora, NY] • See also: World Pulse: Global Issues through the eyes of Women: http://www.worldpulse.com/ http://www.worldpulse.com/pulsewire http://www.facebook.com/#!/bennetts2ndstudy