By Carolyn Bennett
“Inside Story” edition
Six (6) guns per 100 residents [England]
Guns were used in 67 percent of 2010 murders
- Colorado Columbine High School shooting 1999 (15 dead)
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University shooting 2007 (33 dead, 15 wounded)
- Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church shot gun shooting 2008 (13 shots fired, 2 dead, 7 wounded, the 4th church shooting attack in 15 months)
- Arizona supermarket car park shooting 2011 (six dead including a federal judge, member of U.S. Congress, Gabrielle Giffords, critically wounded
- Sanford, Florida, neighborhood shooting 2012 (1 unarmed teenager dead)
Until the United States becomes a nation indivisible, with caring for all life, until we address our problems in law and correct underlying causes. Until we accomplish a cultural revolution or a reimagining in nonviolence, amending this culture of violence — we will continue on a regressive, medieval course in our actions at home and abroad.
Gun image from"Spellbound"
Status quo image: http://dbms.com/BankersLikeStatusQuo.jpg
Status quo image: http://www.daviesand.com/SQ_Costs_NBannerClear.gif
Status quo image: http://www.dpmc.gov.au/reformgovernment/images/Slide14.jpg
Bennett's books are available in New York State independent bookstores: Lift Bridge Bookshop: www.liftbridgebooks.com [Brockport, NY]; Sundance Books: http://www.sundancebooks.com/main.html [Geneseo, NY]; Mood Makers Books: www.moodmakersbooks.com [City of Rochester, NY]; Dog Ears Bookstore and Literary Arts Center: www.enlightenthedog.org/ [Buffalo, NY]; Burlingham Books – ‘Your Local Chapter’: http://burlinghambooks.com/ [Perry, NY 14530]; The Bookworm: http://www.eabookworm.com/ [East Aurora, NY] • See also: World Pulse: Global Issues through the eyes of Women: http://www.worldpulse.com/ http://www.worldpulse.com/pulsewire http://www.facebook.com/#!/bennetts2ndstudy